- 2 Cups of Dark Brown Sugar (or Light Brown Sugar)
- 4 Tablespoons (or 1/4 cup) of Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- 2 Tablespoons of Pumpkin Spice Latte Hand Soap (or Body Wash if Available)
- 4 Drops of Vitamin E Oil
- 4 Dashes of Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Coconut oil like I used comes in a solid state and has to be melted in order to get it into a liquid state. To begin making your scrub, use a double boiler to melt 4 tablespoons (or 1/4 cup) of coconut oil. My double boiler is always a glass bowl over a pot of boiling water, so you don't need any fancy equipment for this step. ;)
- Next, place the brown sugar in a large bowl. Add the melted coconut oil and all the other ingredients. Mix well. NOTE: At this point, you get to decide if you like the consistency of the scrub as is. If you think your scrub is too runny, add more sugar. If you think it's too thick, add more coconut oil. I don't like my scrub to be really runny, but I don't like it super thick either. The recipe above yielded the consistency that I was going for.
- Store your scrub in air tight containers. (The recipe made enough to fill two small glass mason jars and one small all-glass jar like in the picture below.)