- Blue and Red Heat Transfer Vinyl
- Silhouette Cameo
Open in Silhouette Studio.
Since we're making a t-shirt design, open the Replicate window and mirror the design. Then ungroup the design for cutting.
Cut the hand lettered part of the design from blue vinyl. You'll see in the screenshot that I always put a rectangle around my designs so that I don't waste HTV when cutting from a full sheet.
Remember to load heat transfer vinyl into your machine shiny side down. Tip: Use the Machine Settings Chart from Expressions Vinyl to help make sure you get a good cut. (And just to be safe, always do a test cut first!)
Cut the outline of America from red vinyl.
Weed the cut vinyl. See how my rectangles saved HTV? I just cut the designs from the HTV sheet once it's weeded.
Iron on the design according the HTV directions. Expressions Vinyl has a Heat Transfer Settings Chart to help ensure you use the right settings when ironing vinyl. You can find it here. First, iron on the outline of America and then remove the clear plastic from the design. Then simply line up the hand-lettered America on top of the outline and iron it on following the same directions. Remove the plastic from the design, and your T-shirt is complete!
Pair it with a fun necklace, and your patriotic shirt will be perfect for your Fourth of July barbecue!
Of course, I had to pair my shirt with a red lip because I'm a bit obsessed with bold lip color.
While the design looks super cute on a T-shirt, it would also look great on a tote bag, acrylic tumbler, or even wall art! Speaking of all those things, you've got to check out the awesome projects from the other bloggers participating in the Red, White, and Blue Vinyl Round Up!!!
- Patriotic Shirt by Pitter and Glink
- Treat Boxes from a Kailo Chic Life
- Wall Art from Sweet Rose Studio
- Easy DIY Shirt from A Crafted Sparrow
- Star Vinyl Sign from Crafting in the Rain
- America Pillow from Kiki & Company
- Land That I Love from 733 blog
- 4th of July Smores Kit from A Pumpkin and a Princess
- Firework Tank from Artsy Fartsy Mama
- Festive Popsicle Bucket from Doodlecraft
- Polka Dot Mason Jar from MM Scrap Shoppe
- Little Sparkler Shirt from Made to be a Momma
- Star Confetti Balloons from Sugar Bee Crafts
- Embroidery Hoop America from A Girl and a Glue Gun
- Suspender Onesie from Silhouette School
I pretty much want to make every project!!! If you feel the same way, you're probably going to need
some vinyl a lot of vinyl, right? You can enter to win a $100 gift card from Expressions Vinyl below! The giveaway opens today and closes next Tuesday (6/21/16), so get all your entries in before then.