Hi, everyone! My name is Bethany. I am a high school English teacher. I'm married to a wonderful man, who just so happens to be an English teacher himself! I don't have any children yet except for my "dogter" Lily. I'm also a life-long crafter. (Seriously, I have been crafting FOREVER....I probably bedazzled the doctors scrubs as soon as I emerged from the womb!!!) I believe I owe my creativity to my grandma and my mother. Both of these wonderful women shared different types of crafting with me. My dad has taught me about tools and wood and plumbing and all types of things, so I owe some of my skill to him.
Being a teacher is a fun and rewarding job, but it can be stressful at times. (I know...I know...you probably think teachers are glorified babysitters. Come spend a day with me during the school year, and I'll prove you otherwise!) Creating projects helps me de-stress. I love taking items people wouldn't take a second glance at and making them beautiful. And who doesn't love the feeling you get when someone says, "I love that _____," and you can say, "Thanks! I made it!"
In the summer of 2011, I decided to share my projects with others by opening an Etsy store. I spent hours trying to come up with the perfect name, but every one I thought of was so perfect someone had already snatched it up! I started getting frustrated until I thought, "Why not take two things you love and switch the letters around?" I LOVE pink, and I LOVE glitter. (My husband says I'm like a baby when it comes to something that sparkles! I get mesmerized by it.) I just switched the first couple of letters in each word, and voila! PitterAndGlink. I figured it's a bit weird, so that probably makes it memorable, right? ;)
So I created my Etsy store and started scouring the web for ideas whenever I wanted to do a new project. I discovered craft blogs like All Things Thrifty and Shanty 2 Chic, and I thought, "This is awesome!" I may not be as creative as those very talented chicks, but I decided having a craft blog is something I was interested in.
I'm still working on getting my blog just right and on shaping who I want to be as a blogger, but it's been a fun adventure so far. I expect it will continue to be. I would love for you to share the journey with me, so join my site or follow my blog by email. We're sure to have fun along the way!
If you ever have any questions or comments, I would love to hear from you. You can comment on the blog or send me an email at PitterAndGlink@gmail.com.
Five Random Facts about Me:
- My favorite book is The Phantom of the Opera. The movie was good, but, as always, the book is better! I dream of one day going to see the actual Broadway play!
- I have been in several movies. No, I'm not an actress, but my friend Matt of MattAttack Productions likes to make movies, so I sometimes end up as a character. For some reason, though, I doubt I'll ever win an Oscar....
- I hold a world record for the most alternating dual lip curls in ten seconds. Yeah, I know it's strange, but it's my claim to fame! ;)
- I hate talking on the phone. It makes it worse when I say stupid stuff, like the time I called a tax place and asked them how much it would cost to get my sister's dog groomed. Embarrassing.
- I love Dolly Parton. I've loved her since I was a child. The first time I went to Dollywood, my parents took me to the Dolly museum. There's lots of memorabilia in there, including some of her wigs. I got really upset when I realized her hair is fake! True story.